At Nield Family Dentistry, we understand that visiting the dentist office can be an anxious endeavor for some of our patients, which is why our dentist and team go out of their way to make our practice a relaxing and friendly environment. If dental anxiety is keeping you or a loved one from receiving the dental care you need and deserve, please call our office at 210-696-2389 and ask our team about how we can help you manage dental anxiety in San Antonio, Texas, during your appointment.
Dental anxiety and fear manifest in a variety of ways, from mild feelings of worry and stress to specific and debilitating fears about upcoming procedures. Regardless of the level of your anxiety, our team is here to help you.
Here are a few things you can do to help reduce your anxiety:
- Speak with our dentist and team. Let us know that you are anxious or afraid. We can take special precautions to help you feel more comfortable and watch for any signs of discomfort.
- Use calming techniques, such as controlled breathing or finding distractions in the room.
- Listen to music. Music can distract you, giving you something else to focus on while blocking out anxiety-producing noises during your treatment.
- Ask us about medication options. Our team is trained to help you relax, and we may be able to prescribe medication before your procedure that will help.
- Take breaks. If you feel overwhelmed during your treatment, signal us with your hand and we will stop for a few minutes so you can have a breather.
- Ask about alternative treatment options. Advances in dentistry allow us to often provide the same treatment results using different methods.
We never want fear or anxiety to prevent you from receiving the care you need. Please contact our office today to learn more about how we can help you manage dental anxiety in San Antonio, Texas, today.